First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. All molds are fungi, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is uncommon in the fungi kingdom, meaning most kinds aren't harmful. However, some are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be mitigated and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you contact a mold damage restoration repair Cheltenham, PA company for help if the mold you discover takes up more than about 36 square inches. This is because if you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold behind walls, in attics and elsewhere.

Before you select any expert, check that they are certified properly and that they are approved by watchdogs such as the Restoration Industry Association, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and Contractor Connection. You might also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.

You need to mitigate any fungal growth you come across to stop further mold damage, and do it right away. If not, parasitic fungi will keep eating on your home or business and will destroy your possessions. Some types of mold, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health risks ranging from neurological damage to breathing problems and mold-related infections and ongoing ill health. Mold can be particularly harmful to infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.

mold damage restoration repair Cheltenham, PA