It's important to learn about what mold is and where it thrives. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is relatively uncommon in the fungus kingdom, meaning most kinds aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

The rule of thumb is to contact a mold damage restoration East Ridge, TN company to clear the mold if it is more than 36 square inches.in area. This is because if you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold trapped in drywall and crevices and elsewhere.

Before you select any company, make sure that they are licensed and registered properly and that they are certified by watchdogs such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. You might also make sure the company knows and follows federal mold cleanup recommendations whether your mold is in a business or a residence.

Mold that is allowed to grow releases spores, which act like seeds and can cause damage to spread very quickly. If you don't, parasitic fungi will continue to feast on your home or business and can destroy your possessions. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health risks ranging from neurological damage to breathing problems and mold-related infections and ongoing ill health. Mold in the environment can be particularly dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system .

mold damage restoration East Ridge, TN